Exchange & Refund Policy
Thank you for shopping at Caves Toys.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair, replace it, or provide a refund, subject to the below terms and conditions.
We apologize for any faults you may have found with an item that you purchased at any of the Caves Toys stores or online shop. Our intention is not to sell faulty or damaged items however, for reasons beyond our control, this does occur from time to time, and we will gladly assist you in replacing or refunding the faulty or damaged item.
14 Day Exchange or Refund Policy
We are more than willing to exchange or refund an item due to it being faulty, damaged or simply unsuitable within a period of fourteen (14) days from the date of purchase. All items returned will be inspected prior to refund. Refunds and exchanges can be made at any Caves Toys store under the following terms and conditions:
- Original proof of purchase (i.e. the till slip or invoice) must be presented.
- The item being returned must be in the original packaging and in the same condition in which it left the store (if not in original packaging, a reasonable amount may be charged).
- The security seal or shrink wrap (where applicable) must be intact.
- The price ticket (if applicable) must still be attached or affixed to the item.
- The item may not be altered or tampered with in any way.
- In the case of perishable items, even if the product was used within the first fourteen (14) days, Caves Toys is unable to do an exchange immediately as the item has to first be returned to the supplier for testing before a decision can be made.
- Items marked down for clearance purposes (even if damaged) are sold “voetstoots” and will not be accepted for exchange or refund.
- Gift vouchers will not be refunded.
- Chairs and tables incur a 15% handling fee on return when a refund is requested by the customer. There will be no cost incurred if these are faulty or damaged and are being exchanged for the same or similar item.
- If a defective product is returned, but the customer fails to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, Caves Toys is entitled to refuse the return, or where applicable, estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only credit or refund the difference in respect of the returned item.
- Appliances and electrical products will be repaired, replaced or refunded subject to supplier or manufacturer warranties if faulty, provided that:
- the original components and accessories are also returned; and
- the original plug has not been tampered with.
- Should the product be out of warranty, the product will be returned to the supplier or its authorized representative for assessment. If the product can be repaired, the supplier or authorized representative will provide a quote for the necessary repairs. Repairs will not be undertaken without prior consent of the customer, who is then responsible for the payment of the necessary repairs as per the quoted amount.
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions may apply. Please take proper note of any terms, conditions or instructions that accompany the item(s) purchased as well as the following.
- Motorized or electronic equipment under warranty : Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired or replaced subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty. Caves Toys will book a service call with the supplier on your behalf.
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site or at the manufacturer’s premises.
- The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods.
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured and intended.
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals (where applicable)
- Accidental damage; and
- Damage caused by you in any attempt by yourself to repair the goods.
Caves Toys does its best to ensure that the products you purchase are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product.
How Are Refunds At Caves Toys Processed?
For purchases and subsequent returns in-store,Caves Toys processes refunds in the following ways:
- If the item is returned within the fourteen (14) day period with the proof of purchase, the refund will be made in accordance with the original method of payment. Note this means If a sale was paid electronically, you will be refunded the same by either card or EFT.
- If proof of purchase is not presented and the store management decides to grant a refund, refund payments may be done as follows:
- In-store voucher – Caves Toys will issue you with a store voucher to the value of the refund and this voucher can be redeemed against future purchases only in the Caves Toys store from which it was issued.
- Credit card – Caves Toys will refund your purchases on your credit card. Depending on your bank, the refund can take up to seven (7) working days to reflect in your bank account.
- EFT – Caves Toys able to process an EFT however depending on the store office procedures, this can take up to 7 working days to process and up to an additional seven (7) days to reflect in your bank account. Proof of payment of the EFT will be emailed to you. EFT refunds will only be processed if a valid proof of account and ID has been supplied. This is for the safety of both parties.
Please note that when requiring a refund or exchange, it is your responsibility to return the goods to the relevant Caves Toys store. Caves Toys will not be held responsible or liable for any costs incurred by the customer in this regard.
Circumstances which involved a Caves Toys store placing a large order of similar items, or an order being cancelled at no fault of the store, will be refunded with a 15% handling fee.
Cooling Off Period and Returns
In addition to the rights set out in our Refund and Exchange policy, if you qualify as a consumer in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act you may enjoy certain cooling-off rights in terms of which you can cancel any transaction within 7 (SEVEN) days after the date of receipt of the goods or services, or within 7 (SEVEN) days after the date of conclusion of the agreement, without reason or penalty.
If you are uncertain about any aspects relating to our Returns and exchanges Policy then please ask in-store or contact our customer care line on firstname.lastname@example.org